Coin Center seeks a government relations professional to join our team in our mission to build a better understanding of open blockchain networks and to promote a regulatory climate that preserves the freedom to innovate using these permissionless technologies. They will work closely with our Senior Policy Counsel in developing and implementing strategies to inform and educate public policy stakeholders. Ideally, they would also work with the Director of Research to develop policy position and write policy papers. The position reports to the Executive Director.
Candidates must be outgoing, results-oriented, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Successful candidates will be strategic, creative, self-motivated, and have a strong understanding of open source technology and an interest in cryptocurrencies. Capitol Hill experience and familiarity with basic economic principles are required.
- Help plan and assist with development and execution of effective outreach strategies and programs that connect Coin Center research with policymakers.
- Educate and prepare Coin Center staff on evolving policy debates and potential opportunities to advance our mission.
- Collaborate with policy research and communications staff to ensure that Coin Center research is effectively disseminated to policy audiences.
- Develop and strengthen effective relationships with policymakers and staff so that Coin Center research informs and improves public policy.
- A bachelor’s degree in technology, economics, political science or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience on Capitol Hill.
- Knowledge of Internet policy.
- A desire to promote individual liberty, personal autonomy, and privacy rights through the defense and promotion of cryptography.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, writing and public speaking skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be highly organized. Experience managing and maintaining a database and related reporting skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing and writing policy papers.
- State legislative experience.
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, but failing that Internet technology and basic understanding of cryptography.
- Deep understanding of the open source ethos
We’re a small start-up nonprofit that punches way above its weight. We are passionate about decentralization, cryptography, privacy, and civil liberties. Looking for like-minded candidates who share our vision.
Commensurate with experience.